Tuesday, July 18, 2006

A Little of This... A Little of That...

I'm not really sure why I'm posting right now. I really have very little to say, but I'll say it anyway. So, what follows are a few random thoughts:
  • More than a week after leaving Vegas, I'm still occasionally surprised to find myself reflecting back on Speaker's remarkable Hammer crack of my Kings.
  • It's really fucking hot here. I mean, Africa hot.
  • More than a week after leaving Vegas, I'm not surprised that I'm still running bad, despite taking some money off a big-time tournament winner in a recent home game.
  • CarMax is a great thing.
  • With just a few weeks to go until I completely uproot my life, I'm alternating between this strange combination of excitement, dread, and general WTF-syndrome when I think about all the shit I have to do before I move.
  • Being called "less donkish" than you used to be is surprisingly complementary.
  • A cold beer would taste really good right now.

2 comments:

Garthmeister J. said...

Hey mate, just came across your blog. Was good to meet you in Vegas!

Garthmeister J. said...

Uh yeah, I was the Australian guy who got back-to-back Hammers and back-to-back Aces on Saturday night. Felt I should clarify that.

*ahem*