Monday, July 10, 2006

Jacked, Hammered, and Generally Beat Down

Yes, I'm back from Vegas. And, as much as I love the town, I've got tell you, I haven't been this happy to get out of Dodge in quite awhile. It's not that I had a bad time in Vegas, or that I played badly. I didn't and I didn't. It's just that for the weekend, fate decided to make me the Honorary Hanel (a.k.a., Bad Beat Cover Boy).

Some would say it's karma. I say, Speaker pushed all in with best hand at 4AM - I mean, of course my poket Ks are going down to the Hammer when he turns the open-ended straight he made on the flop. He had me dominated before I put a chip in the pot.

Of course, getting Hammered - figuratively, literally and well, I can't think of any other way, is just part of the chaos that is Blogger Weekend.

Yes, I suffered many a bad beat in my hours of play. No, I won't recount them here. If you were at the tables with me, you saw them for yourself. If you weren't you don't want to know about them. Still, despite the misfortune of my weekend, I'll be back as soon as possible.

And, as long as Hanel shows up, I'll be fine.

2 comments:

F-Train said...

Poor Hanel - getting beat down and he wasn't even there! ;)

Good to see you again.

change100 said...

Fuckin' Katkin. You got in ahead. It's your own fault.