Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Welcome dear reader into... well, into I don't know what. The first of what I'm sure will be numerous - if sporadic - entries in this exciting new blog. A momentous occasion, to be sure, but let's not worry about the party favors just yet.

So, where to start? Tradition would say at the beginning, but a screenwriter (or a wannabe, like myself) would say start where you want.

That doesn't really help much, does it? Oh well.

I guess I'll start with the name of this blog, "Standing on the Edge of my Mind." First off, I can't claim this as an original title. It's actually a line I stole from one of my favorite bands, The Call. It's just got a ring about it that I've always liked, and for a blog, I think it's kind of fitting. So, to Mr. Been and the boys - thanks.

Actually, I almost called this little slice of cyberspace "The Reluctant Blogger" because I wasn't sure I wanted to jump into this world. In fact, I'm still not sure, but, seeing as how I work with a number of bloggers and how I'm supposed to be some kind of writer myself, I figured "What the hell."

Speaking of work, I am currently a consultant to world's fastest growing online poker site where I spend my days (and more than a few of my evenings) talking about - and playing poker with - some very bright people who I am lucky to enough to call my friends. In fact, thanks to this gig, I've managed to become a regular in what's become known as the hardest home game in Hollywood or Murderer's Row where I get to play (or suck out on, depending on who you ask) some of the most talented poker players and bloggers around, including Henry, Bill, Hanel, Ryan, and Kent. All in all, not a bad group to hang around with. While I'm sure this blog will talk about poker once in awhile, I'll be the first to tell you I'm no one you want to take advice from. Rini will be the second.

What this blog will talk about remains a mystery, even to me. I'm guessing it will simply be a place where I can rant, keep in touch with friends and family and, hopefully, entertain a few people along the way.

So, welcome again dear reader to the edge of my mind. Feel free to look inside, but remember, I make no promises about what you'll find.

2 comments:

Joe Speaker said...

Oh gawd. :)

StudioGlyphic said...

Whatever it is, I hope it's not about poker!