Tuesday, January 01, 2008

A New Year - A New Plan

2008 is about 18 hours old here in Ireland and, to tell the truth, it's not much different than 2007. Of course, I really wasn't expecting any major changes so this doesn't really come as a surprise, but hey, I need something to write here.

If you know me, you know I'm not much on the whole resolution thing. Sure, there are things I know I should try to improve over the course of the new year - eating better, working out more, writing more, etc. And yes, I'll try to accomplish at least some of these things, but will I actually resolve to do any of this? Not on your life.

Another non-resolution I'm working on this year is keeping better track of my bankrolls. I've always had a pretty good sense of where I'm at both online and live, but can't tell you exactly how much I'm up or down over the past year. For the record, I'm certainly down online, and certainly up live. I'm about break-even on the year and maybe, even a little in the black, but my record keeping has been shoddy, to say the least.

So, starting today, I've created a new bankroll management document that I'll try to keep updated. To make things easier, I've also started the year with fresh bankrolls that are both on the small side. Ideally, trying to build these up over the next year will encourage me to keep better track. For those curious folk out there, I've got $500 online at FTP and may deposit another $500 on a couple of other sites for special events, etc. I'm starting 2008 with 1,000 euro, which again, I'll try to build up over the course of the year.

I may even endeavor to post regular updates about my progress here on this little blog, so come back every once in awhile if you're curious.

No comments: