Saturday, October 13, 2007

Give a Beat, Get Two in Return

Last week, I told you about this sick hand. Now, I've got two more for you and neither of them are as pretty.

Hand #1 takes place in a $1-$2 game with a live $5. UTG raises to $20 and gets four callers. I pick up Aces on the button and pop it $100 more. Early position calls. So far, so good.

On a flop of A-K-J rainbow, EP - who has me covered - pushes all in. I insta-call and show top set. He tables A-Q and says "I've got outs."

Son of a bitch if the damn bastard didn't, hitting his 10 on the turn for Broadway. When the board failed to pair, I called it a night and went home where even more fun ensued.

Later in the evening I'm playing $20-$40 Limit online when I pick up Q-10c on the button. I raise and get one caller. The flop brings a Q and the turn brings another one, giving me trips. The betting caps on the turn, and the river brings an A. My opponent bets, I raise, he flat calls and tables pocket rockets for the house.

Call it unlucky or call it Karma, but right now I'm just calling it painful. And expensive.

1 comment:

Fawn said...

It's almost English. I know it means something. And yet...Greek, baby, pure Greek.